ClickView Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 140 397 584), ClickView Limited (Company Registration Number 05919237) (UK Co), ClickView Limited (Company Number 2208806) (NZ Co), ClickView (US) (Corporate Number 86-3807728) (US Co) and their related and associated entities (“ClickView” or “us” or “we” or “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information.
It also sets out the rights of our educational institution customers (“School Customers”) and their permitted individual users (“Permitted Users”) in connection with personal information. If you have any questions or if you wish to receive further details, please contact us using the method set out below.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- When a teacher, administrator, or other representative of a School Customer signs up to access to our Platform for their students and teachers either on a subscription or trial basis.
- When a teacher, administrator, or other representative of a School Customer accesses our Sites or Platform.
- During conversations and/or correspondence between a teacher, administrator, or other representative of a School Customer and the ClickView team (for example, customer service enquiries).
- From School Customers, to enable us to create accounts and to provide users with access to the Platform.
- Directly, to verify log-in information or to provide support services in connection with the use of the Platform.
- From the Platform, to follow a user’s usage, interaction and progress on the Platform.
The types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Teacher, administrator or representative name, email address, phone number, job title and staff group.
- Educational institution name, contact information and billing information.
- Details of other interactions that you have with us, together with any other information that you choose to provide us, for example, through your interactions with our Sites or Platform and our customer and technical support teams.
- Individual user information such as a user’s name, school email address, username, school ID and school year.
What we do with personal information
The personal information you provide to us, or collected about you, is collected for the purpose of enabling us to provide and enhance our services and to provide access to and enhance usage of the Platform. This may include:
- To manage and administer our agreement with you, including relationship management, invoicing, training, implementation, performance of our agreement and the provision of support services.
- To manage enquiries, free trials and prospective purchases.
- To provide the content, functions and services offered on the Platform.
- To limit access to the Platform to legitimate Permitted Users.
- To keep School Customers and their representatives informed of our products and services that might be relevant to them.
- To send newsletters or emails about our Platform, including information about current events, changes, improvements, upgrades, new product development and rules.
- To gain user insights and analysis to enable School Customers to observe the learning and behaviour of their Permitted Users and to improve the Platform.
- To administer and manage accounts, including password resetting, responding to questions and to monitor usage and conduct on the Platform.
- To contact Permitted Users to let them know about tools, features and content available on the Platform, and to make recommendations about content, in order to customise and enhance usage of the Platform by Permitted Users.
- To let Permitted Users know about developments and updates to the Platform.
- To provide results data to School Customers.
What we will not do with personal information
We will keep your personal information confidential and not disclose or sell your personal information to any third parties, unless:
- we believe, in good faith, that we are required to share your information with a third party such as a regulator or court in order to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order;
- it is reasonably necessary to enforce our legal rights in relation to your access and use of our Platform;
- results data or usage reporting tools are provided to School Customers for educational purposes (provided that the use the information is only for legitimate educational interests and not for any commercial purposes); and
- to protect the safety and security of our users and our Platform.
We will comply with our obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws when engaging sub-processors and we will ensure that all sub-processors comply with their obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws. Without limitation, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations comply with technical and organisational security measures required to protect personal information.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material from us by contacting us using the method set out below or, where we have sent you electronic marketing materials, by using the unsubscribe link within the communication. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the services we provide.
How long we hold personal information
We retain the personal information that we collect for as long as it is needed to provide access to our Platform and to provide our services. The personal information of Permitted Users is retained for educational and school purposes only. We will not knowingly retain student personal information which relates to a School Customer when we cease providing services to that School Customer. We will delete personal information when lawfully requested or directed to do so by a School Customer.
We may however retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements, and we may retain and use anonymous and aggregated information for performance reporting, analytic purposes and for product and service improvement.
You can request that personal information is deleted by contacting us in the manner specified below.
- An IP address to monitor traffic and volume on the Platform;
- A cookie to help us store session information when users are logged into the Platform and to facilitate seamless access between our different services;
- A session ID to track usage statistics on the Platform; or
- Information regarding participation habits, experiences and interaction with our Platform.
We may use this information to measure the effectiveness of content and how visitors use the Sites, so that we can enhance and improve our Sites.
If you choose to do so, you may configure your computer so that it disables “cookies” or does not accept them, however, this may impact the functionality of the Sites.
Storage and security
We will take all reasonable steps to keep personal information in a secure environment in accordance with the requirements of applicable Data Protection Laws. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. These measures include the encryption of personal information and student data. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of personal information, please contact us using the method set out below.
Access to information we hold about you
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and relevant. A person may request access to, review of, corrections of, or erasure of personal information held by us, or complain or object to the use of personal information by us. You can contact us using the methods set out below. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws.
How to contact us
Privacy Officer, ClickView Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 125, 26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009
or sending an email to us at email@example.com
The European Union and the UK
Fifth Floor, 4 Bath Place
London, EC2A 3DR
or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The United States
C/- 104 West Anapamu Street
Suite B, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
or sending an email to us at email@example.com
Privacy Officer, ClickView Limited
PO Box 911503, Victoria Street, West Auckland 1142
or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific information for residents of the European Union and the UK
We are committed to compliance with our obligations under the applicable Data Protection Laws in the EU and the UK.
In most cases ClickView will be a data processor for the purposes of applicable Data Protection Laws and the School Customer will be the data controller.
This means ClickView only uses the personal information of Permitted Users as instructed by the School Customer and for the purpose of providing the Platform and our services in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the School Customer. We may also enter into a data processing agreement with School Customers for the processing of student personal information.
Basis for processing
Depending on the context and the purpose of our processing activities we generally process personal information on the basis of consent, or the legitimate interests pursued by ClickView and our School Customers in delivering learning resources for schools, institutions, teachers, parents and students. Our legitimate interests are further detailed in the section entitled “What we do with personal information” above.
Transfer of personal information
Personal information we collect may be transferred and stored on servers located in Australia, the United States, or other countries in which the privacy or data protection laws differ from those of the European Union and the UK. We ensure that suitable safeguards exist in relation to transfers of personal information to recipients outside of the EU and the UK, including through the use of the Standard Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission and further recognised by the UK Government for data transfers from the UK under the UK GDPR.
Specific information for residents in the United States
ClickView only uses personal information for educational purposes as a “service provider”, as instructed by the School Customer and in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the School Customer.
No sale of personal information
ClickView does not sell the personal information of Permitted Users to third parties and ensures that its service providers do not sell that personal information to third parties.
No collection of personal information of children without consent
We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 to create an account or provide us with personal information without us first obtaining verifiable consent of the School Customer. School Customers are responsible for ensuring that they have obtained consents from the parents or guardians of Permitted Users prior to those Permitted Users using the Platform.
We will not require Permitted Users to provide us with more information than is reasonably necessary to use our Platform.
Right to know, access and delete personal information
California residents also have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. ClickView does not provide this option as we do not sell your personal information.
You will not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA or other applicable Data Protection Laws.