ClickView is committed to protecting your personal information.
- our password restricted platform, and associated applications, software, products and programs (together, the “Platform”);
- our public-facing websites (“Sites”); and
- our associated services (“Services”).
- teachers and administrators of Educational Institutions (“Teachers and Administrators”); and
- students who are authorised to access our Platform through their Educational Institution’s subscription with us (“Students”).
We may also offer free trials of the Platform to Teachers and Administrators and Students on an individual basis. Please see the “Free Trials” section below for information about our collection and usage of Personal Information in relation to free trials.
The term “Personal Information” in this policy refers to information or data protected by applicable Data Protection Laws.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in several ways, including:
Teachers and Administrators
- When a Teacher or Administrator signs up to access our Platform on behalf of an Educational Institution either on a subscription or trial basis.
- If a Teacher or Administrator signs up for a trial on an individual basis (see “Free Trial” section below).
- To enable us to create Teacher and Administrator accounts and provide access to the Platform.
- To verify log-in information or to provide support services in connection with the use of the Platform.
- From the Platform, to follow a teacher or administrator’s usage, interaction and progress on the Platform.
- During conversations and/or correspondence between a teacher or administrator and the ClickView team (for example, customer service enquiries).
- When a teacher or administrator accesses one of our Sites, including to enquire about our Platform.
- Subject to applicable Data Protection Laws, indirectly from third parties or publicly available databases.
- From Teachers and Administrators at the Student’s Educational Institution, to enable us to create accounts and to provide Students with access to the Platform.
- If a Student signs up for a trial on an individual basis (see “Free Trial” section below).
- Directly, to verify log-in information or to provide support services in connection with the use of the Platform.
- From the Platform, to follow a Student’s usage, interaction and progress on the Platform.
The types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us and may include:
Teachers and Administrators
- Teacher and administrator name, email address, phone number, job title and staff group.
- Details of other interactions that you have with us, together with any other information that you choose to provide us, for example, through your interactions with our Sites or Platform and our customer and technical support teams.
- Student user information such as a user’s name, school email address, username, school ID and school year.
- Content contributed by a Student on the Platform, to the extent such content includes personal information.
What we do with personal information
The personal information you provide to us, or collected about you, is collected for the purpose of enabling us to provide and enhance our Services and to provide access to and enhance usage of the Platform. This may include:
Teachers and Administrators
- To manage and administer our agreement with your Educational Institution, including relationship management, invoicing, training, implementation, performance of our agreement and the provision of support services.
- To manage enquiries, free trials and prospective purchases.
- To provide the content, functions and services offered on the Platform.
- To limit access to the Platform to Students.
- To keep you informed of our products and services that might be relevant to you.
- To send newsletters or emails about our Platform, including information about current events, changes, improvements, upgrades, new product development and rules.
- To gain user insights and analysis to enable Educational Institutions to observe the learning and behaviour of their Students and to improve the Platform.
- To administer and manage accounts and trial accounts, including password resetting, responding to questions and to monitor usage and conduct on the Platform.
- To contact Students to let them know about tools, features and content available on the Platform, and to make recommendations about content, in order to customise and enhance usage of the Platform by Students.
- To let Students know about developments and updates to the Platform.
- To provide results data to Educational Institutions.
What we will not do with personal information
We will keep your personal information confidential and not disclose your personal information to any third parties, unless:
- we believe, in good faith and subject to applicable Data Protection Laws, that we are required to share your information with a third party such as a regulator or court in order to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order;
- Student results data or usage reporting tools are provided to that Student’s Educational Institution for educational purposes (provided that the use the information is only for legitimate educational interests and not for any commercial purposes).
How we share personal information
We will comply with our obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws when engaging service providers and we will ensure that all service providers comply with their obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws. Without limitation, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations comply with technical and organisational security measures required to protect personal information. A list of our current service providers can be provided on request by contacting us using the method specified below.
We may share personal information between the ClickView group of companies to assist us in providing the Platform and the Services, for example, for the provision of support services. We ensure that transfers within the ClickView group of companies comply with applicable Data Protection Laws.
Personal Information may be transferred in the case of a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or similar transaction involving ClickView or its assets or business.
How we store personal information
We use the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure to securely store personal information. Depending on the location of the Educational Institution, personal information may be stored on AWS and Microsoft Azure servers located in the United States or Australia. Personal information may also be stored by our service providers in countries where they operate.
For Educational Institutions in the EU or the UK, please also see “Specific information for residents of the European Union and the UK” below. For Educational Institutions in the USA, please also see “Specific information for residents in the United States” below.
You may opt out of receiving marketing material from us. You can opt out by contacting us using the method set out below or, where we have sent you electronic marketing materials, by using the unsubscribe link within the communication.
How long we hold personal information
We retain the personal information that we collect for as long as it is needed to provide access to our Platform and to provide our Services. The personal information of Students is retained for educational and school purposes only. We will not knowingly retain Student personal information when we cease providing services to that Student’s Educational Institution. We will delete personal information when lawfully requested or directed to do so by an Educational Institution.
We may however retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements, and we may retain and use anonymous and aggregated information for performance reporting, analytic purposes and for product and service improvement.
You can request that personal information is deleted by contacting us in the manner specified below.
- An IP address to monitor traffic and volume on the Platform;
- A cookie to help us store session information when users are logged into the Platform and to facilitate seamless access between our different services;
- A session ID to track usage of the Platform; or
- Information regarding participation habits, experiences and interaction with our Platform.
We may use this information to measure the effectiveness of content and how visitors use the Platform, so that we can enhance and improve our Platform.
Technologies we may use in connection with the Platform include:
- New Relic – For infrastructure performance monitoring
- Fathom – For analysing use of our Platform
- Braze – For customer relationship management and analytics
- Intercom – Chat functionality for support services (Teachers and Administrators only)
- Typeform – For customer feedback on upgrades (Teachers and Administrators only)
These tools do not allow cross-site tracking, advertising, or remarketing to Students. We don’t use cross-site cookies on the Platform, or any other tracking technologies which monitor browsing activity across the internet. Platform usage data is never sold to third parties.
Our Sites are marketing websites which are separate to our Platform. Platform users are not required, encouraged or expected to use the Sites to access and use the Platform or receive our Services. We may use Google Analytics and similar tracking technologies to better understand usage of our Sites and to market to individuals over 23 years of age who visit our Sites.
We regularly audit information collected from our Sites. If we inadvertently collect the personal information of a Student, we delete it.
If you choose to do so, you may configure your computer so that it disables “cookies” or does not accept them, however, this may impact the functionality of the Sites.
We may offer free trials of the Platform to Teachers and Administrators and Students (aged 13 years and over) on an individual basis (without an Educational Institution subscription).
Storage and security
We will take all reasonable steps to keep personal information in a secure environment in accordance with the requirements of applicable Data Protection Laws. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. These measures include the encryption of personal information and organisational measures, such as our data breach response plan. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of personal information, please contact us using the method set out below.
Access to information we hold about you
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and relevant. A person may request access to, review of, corrections of, or erasure of personal information held by us, or complain or object to the use of personal information by us. You can contact us using the methods set out below. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws. If you are a Student and you have questions about the use of your personal information, you should ask your Educational Institution first. If you contact us, we may forward your enquiry to your Educational Institution.
How to contact us
Privacy Officer, ClickView Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 125, 26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009
or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Union and the UK
Privacy Officer, ClickView Limited
Fifth Floor, 4 Bath Place
London, EC2A 3DR
or sending an email to us at email@example.com
The United States
205 Michigan Ave
Suite 810, Chicago, IL 60601
or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Officer, ClickView Limited
PO Box 911503, Victoria Street, West Auckland 1142
or sending an email to us at email@example.com
Specific information for residents of the European Union and the UK
We are committed to compliance with our obligations under the applicable Data Protection Laws in the EU and the UK.
ClickView will be a data processor for the purposes of applicable Data Protection Laws and the Educational Institution will be the data controller.
This means ClickView only uses the personal information as instructed by the Educational Institution and for the purpose of providing the Platform and our Services in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the Educational Institution. We may also enter into a data processing agreement with Educational Institutions for the processing of student personal information.
Basis for processing
Depending on the context and the purpose of our processing activities we generally process personal information on the basis of consent, or the legitimate interests pursued by ClickView and our Educational Institutions in delivering learning resources for schools, institutions, teachers, parents and students. Our legitimate interests are further detailed in the section entitled “What we do with personal information” above.
Transfer of personal information
Personal information we collect may be transferred and stored on servers located in Australia, the United States, or other countries in which the privacy or data protection laws differ from those of the European Union and the UK. We ensure that suitable safeguards exist in relation to transfers of personal information to recipients outside of the EU and the UK, including by using:
- the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers from the EU; and
- the international data transfer agreement (IDTA), or the international data transfer addendum to the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers from the UK.
Specific information for residents in the United States
ClickView only uses personal information for educational purposes as a “service provider”, as instructed by the Educational Institution and in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the Educational Institution.
No sale of personal information
ClickView does not sell, trade or exchange the personal information of Students, Teachers or Administrators to third parties for monetary or other consideration or for any commercial purpose. ClickView ensures that its service providers do not sell, trade or exchange that personal information to third parties for monetary or other consideration.
If we have access to student education records that are subject to the FERPA as a service provider to Educational Institutions, subject to the terms of our agreement with an Educational Institution we access such records as a ‘school official’. That means that we collect, retain, use and disclose such records only for the purposes of providing the Services specified in our agreement with the Educational Institution, and for no other commercial purpose.
No collection of personal information of children without consent
We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 to create an account or provide us with personal information without us first obtaining verifiable consent of the Educational Institution. Educational Institutions are responsible for ensuring that they have obtained consents from the parents or guardians of Students prior to those Students using the Platform.
We will not require Students to provide us with more information than is reasonably necessary to use our Platform.
Right to know, access and delete personal information
California residents also have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. ClickView does not provide this option as we do not sell your personal information.
You will not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA or other applicable Data Protection Laws.